How to apply NERVODERM® Dermal Patch
- For topical use only
- Adult dose: apply up to a maximum of 3 patches at the same time to cover the painful area. If necessary, patches can be cut to fit the painful area.
- Patches can be applied day or night and left on for 12 hours, followed by 12 hours off.
- The active substance is lidocaine (also known as lignocaine).
- Each 10 cm x 14 cm patch contains 700 mg (5% w/w) lidocaine (lignocaine).
The other ingredients in the patch are:
- Self Adhesive Layer:
- glycerol, sorbitol solution (70 per cent) (crystallising), carmellose sodium, propylene glycol, urea, kaolin-heavy, tartaric acid, gelatin, polyvinyl alcohol, aluminium glycinate, disodium edetate, methyl hydroxybenzoate, propyl hydroxybenzoate, polyacrylic acid, sodium polyacrylate, water – purified
- Backing fabric and release liner:
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET)
Do not use NERVODERM® Dermal Patch if you have an allergy to:
- any medicine containing lidocaine
- any of the ingredients listed at the end of this leaflet, especially methyl hydroxybenzoate and propyl hydroxybenzoate
- other local anaesthetic medicines similar to lidocaine such as bupivacaine, etidocaine, mepivacaine or prilocaine.
Do not use NERVODERM® Dermal Patch:
- on injured skin or open wounds
- on the eyes or mouth
- on unhealed areas of skin, for example unhealed blisters
- Keep NERVODERM® Dermal Patch in the box until it is time to use it.
- Keep your medicine in a cool dry place where the temperature stays below 25°C.
- Do not refrigerate or freeze.
- After first opening, keep the sachet tightly closed.
- After opening the sachet, the patches should be used within 14 days.
- Do not store NERVODERM® Dermal Patch or any other medicine in the bathroom or near a sink.
- Do not leave NERVODERM® Dermal Patch in the car or on window sills.
- Keep it where children cannot reach it.
Size: 1 Heat Patch